head start enrollment
Welcome to the Head Start Enrollment page. This is your first step to enrolling your child in a nationally recognized program that stresses the importance of comprehensive child development and early learning for children.
Head Start Services are from 7:30am to 4:00pm. Aftercare is available from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
The following items are needed before completing the Head Start Application Process --
- Children must be three (3) or four (4) years of age on or before September 1, 2014.
- Proof of parent's/legal guardian's gross income for the past 12 months or the last calendar year (2013). Documents include a signed Income Form Tax 1040, W-2 forms, pay stubs, pay envelopes, Unemployment Compensation, written statements from employers or documentation showing current status as recipients of public assistance, Social Security Supplemental Income (SSI), TANF or Child Support.
- Picture identification of parent(s)/legal guardian
- Driver's License, State Issued Picture, Employer Issued I.D.
- Proof of Miami-Dade County Residency
- If your child has a diagnosed disability, you must attach the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or the Individualized Family Support Plan or evaluation report (IFSP). Disabled children are eligible for the Head Start Program on or after their third (3rd) birth date.
Note: In order to ensure that your child receives proper care and attention, inform the Head Start staff during registration, if your child has any allergies, special medical or dietary needs, or other areas of concern.